Saturday, February 6, 2010

Am I Blue? Are You?


flashback to a hit in 1967 L'amour Est Bleu
click here 


As a kid, I thought the adults offered a pretty, pleasantly shmaltzy, song during the heady rock explosion in an era of harpsichords and Color Me ____ . In part it is also because they sang colors!

Paul Mauriat's orchestral version here


Not bad for elevator music or dancing down a supermarket aisle.

 


Blue, blue, my world is blue
Blue is my world now I'm without you
Gray, gray, my life is gray
Cold is my heart since you went away

Red, red, my eyes are red
Crying for you alone in my bed
Green, green, my jealous heart
I doubted you and now we're apart

When we met how the bright sun shone
Then love died, now the rainbow is gone

Black, black, the nights I've known
Longing for you so lost and alone



Painting: Blue Lura Astor


song: L'amour est Bleu
music: Andre Popp
lyrics: Pierre Cour
English lyrics: Brian Blackburn
singer: Vicky Leandros