Wednesday, April 22, 2009

do you seek? a true Lilac scent?

a true Lilac scent? Responding to requests, the closest I have come is Highland Lilac. Upon first sniff flood memories of smelling the bushes of this heady fragrance, feeling like a giraffe as my young neck stretched to get in all the information. 
 
Not a chemist, perfumer, or scientist, I've never had access to the test tubes and vials of synthetic molecules, accords and more (though I welcome the opportunities). 

Doc Lilac, director of Highland Park, with other staff unanimously chose Highland Lilac as the fragrance most representing the Rochester Lilac at its peak.   1.800.411.1602

Anyone remember Lilac Vegetal? Used by barbers, especially in the New York City area. I don't know if this concoction, originally from 1880, is what my younger sister, brother and I smelled as we would cling to my dad’s neck after he came home from the Grand Central Station barber and giggle smelling up and down his prickly neck back. It was the only time he wore fragrance and quite the unusual treat. It definitely had lilac in it.

Photo: Syringa Vulgaris Radomil
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

more down below, keep reading!